Ask an undergraduate question

Ask UVic
Ask us about UVic campus life, from admissions and registration to what teams are playing and what's for lunch!

Using Ask UVic

Best response

Applying for Student Loans

You apply for student loans through the province/territory where you have last resided once you have decided which school you will be attending and what your study period will be.

If you completed high school fewer than four years ago, your province/territory of residence would be the one where your parents live.

If you completed high school more than four years ago, your province/territory of residence would be the province/territory where you last lived for twelve consecutive months excluding time spent as a full-time student.

You complete a government student assistance application. This application is available online through your provincial/territorial government student assistance website.

If your home province is not BC then you must apply through the Ministry of Education, Financial Assistance Branch, in your home province. Please see our website for contact information.

Loan Application - BC Government Website

The BC Government website for Student Loans is

Loan Application - One Application for Federal/Provincial funding

For most provinces and territories one government student loan application will allow you to be considered for both federal and provincial/territorial funding. For more information visit the Provincial & Territorial Information page on the CanLearn website.

Rate our answer

Related Questions